The Disappearing Spoon Post- Reading

Post-Reading
After reading The Disappearing Spoon, I saw things from a new perspective. It actually did change my ideas about the day-to-day life of scientists and the work they do because it helped me understand that some of these scientists dedicated their lives to science. Sam Kean makes connections to many areas of science, nature, and life that are not discussed in association of the periodic table. One connection that really was new to me was that aluminum was at a time more valuable than gold. I really couldn't believe this because I always thought that gold was always more valuable. Not only this, but Kean also surprised me when he mentioned how Pepto Bismol contain bismuth in it. This really blew my mind because this was all new to me and it also explains so much like the name of the medicine. Now that I have read The Disappearing Spoon, I don't really have a favorite element because I like them all. Each element has its own uniqueness. Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book and I learned a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Spoon Chapter 1

The Disappearing Spoon Chapter 3

The Disappearing Spoon Chapter 6